The museum is open
- from Thursday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm. (The museum will be closing at 4pm on the 24th and 31st of December)
- on Easter Monday and Whit Monday
The museum is closed
- from Monday to Wednesday
- On 1 January, 1 May, Ascension Day, 1 November, 25 December
- Visitors aged 26 and above
- Visitors aged 18-25
- Groups of 12 people or more
- Wheelchair-users (since they can only visit the groundfloor)
- A Card (A-kaart) holders
Free of charge
- Visitors aged under 18
- Holders of a preferential rate (kansentarief) A Card
- UitPAS holders belonging to the Preferential Category (VT)
- Museum Pass holders
- Antwerp City Pass holders
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) card holders
- School groups accompanied by a teacher
- Companions of disabled visitors
- Teacher's card holder (KLASSE)
Free access on request
- Travel/trade organizations
- Antwerp City guides
Access press and travel/trade organizations on request: email@example.com.
Special Price Formulas
MuseumPASSmusées is your key to over 100 Belgian museums. The pass grants you one year admission to participating museums and their fabulous collections.
- € 59
- for sale at the counter of Museum Vleeshuis or online
More info on www.museumpassmusees.be
Antwerp City Pass
Upon purchasing this card you recieve 24, 48 or 72 hours access to all the Antwerp museums, (including Vleeshuis Museum) and numerous other attractions.
We work in time blocks. Do you want to be sure of your access? Then book your ticket in advance.
Consult the terms and conditions of sale when purchasing an online ticket.
Tickets can also be bought at the entrance of the museum.
Do you need help, or do you have any questions about booking your tickets?
Museum Vleeshuis | Klank van de Stad
tel. +32 (0)3 292 61 01
The Vleeshuis Museum is located in the historic center of Antwerp – close by to the Groenplaats and the Grote Markt. You can reach the museum very easily, especially by public transport or by bicycle.
Leave your bike in one of the bicycle racks opposite the entrance to the museum.
With a Vélo-bicycle (share-a-bike system)
There is a Vélo station at the Grote Markt, within walking distance from the Museum.
More information www.velo-antwerpen.be.
By public transport
Use the routeplanner of de Lijn to plan your trip by train, bus, premetro or tram.
The stops Klapdorp and Sint-Paulusplaats are close to the museum.
Or plan your trip by train with the NMBS/SNCB route planner.
Or take DeWaterbus over the river Scheldt. The stop at Steenplein is at 300 meters from Museum Vleeshuis
Rates and timetables can be found on www.dewaterbus.be.
- You can park in one of the car parks in the surrounding area: Grote Markt Car Park (Ernest van Dijckkaai 3) or Scheldekaaien Car Park (Jordaenskaai 27)
- The nearest parking spaces for people with disabilities are on ‘de Burchtgracht’ behind the museum
- Or park at one of the P+R car parks on the city fringe.
- Check Smart ways to Antwerp
PAY ATTENTION: remember that the entire city centre of Antwerp and Linkeroever (the Left Bank) are a low emission zone. Polluting vehicles may no longer enter the low emission zone. Check before coming to Antwerp whether your vehicle complies with the conditions for entry on www.slimnaarantwerpen.be/en/LEZ.
The Vleeshuis Museum is housed in a historic building and has no elevator. As a result, only the ground floor is wheelchair accessible.